'Public Enemies' Trailer Hates Indiana

4:29 PM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

If you weren't excited about Public Enemies, you damn well better be now. The first trailer for this Johnny Depp/Christian Bale face-off just hit the net, and it's really quite remarkable that a period, action thriller can feel just like a summer blockbuster should.

The film looks fast paced, Untouchables-esque, and superbly fun. However, my only complaint is that Michael Mann's shooting style takes me out of the time period a bit. It makes what's happening on the screen feel modern for some reason. Not only are his handheld, intimate camera angles a bit too contemporary, but the HD digital video look also heightens this feeling. But fortunately it doesn't play against the quality look of the movie itself.

This is going to be a breath of fresh air in the summer blockbuster bonanza with fighting robots and superheroes, and the trailer embedded below gets me extremely excited. I gotta say though, this trailer has a bone to pick with my current and home state of Indiana. I mean was it really necessary for Johnny Depp's John Dillinger to say, ""I have absolutely nothing I want to do in Indiana." Go ahead and rub it in Edward Scissorhands!

Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous on March 5, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I'm supa excited for this flick to hit theatres come summa time.

Anonymous on March 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I hope this is a better, albeit Caucasian version of American Gangster.

Post a Comment