Might Sound Crazy, But It Ain't No Lie...

3:43 PM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

Bye, bye, bye! Well folks, I'm a little bit sad and a little bit elated to be telling you that this will be the last official post of The Screen Rider. Read on and you'll understand...

This has been an amazing outlet for me to talk about, criticize and make fun of everything related to film and television, but I have received a higher calling. No, I'm not talking about Jesus, or Xenu or Steve Guttenberg. But rather, I have been hired as an intern for a production/talent management company in Los Angeles and will be leaving in less than 3 weeks.

While there's a chance that I may have the time to maintain the blog, it would surely be less frequent (which isn't saying much since we've been slacking lately...but that's mostly been due to my upcoming graduation from college and preparation for this gig in LA) and I also have to keep my nose clean, since I will have to sign confidentiality agreements, and don't really want to be bashing and criticizing films so publicly if I'm going to be working for any other film production companies.

Let me just say that it's been fun while it lasted. I loved getting any feedback on our stories, and I've gotten in touch with other great film bloggers as well.

You can still follow me on Twitter (@ScreenRider) as well as the other contributing writers Harry Nelson (@hcnelson), Phil Wrighthouse (@philwrighthouse) and Wes Cummins (@Wes_Cummins). Once again, thanks for reading, and if we make a comeback, you guys will be the first to know. Smoke'em if you got'em.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Thornburg on May 4, 2009 at 6:19 PM

You find the crazies references to go with your stories. Wasn't Nsync one of those obscure 1 hit wonder bands of the late 90's? Who even remebers them anymore?

Anyway, good luck in LA...I have taken screenshots off all your stories, so if you make it big I will use those as blackmail material.

Anonymous on May 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Post summary: I don't want to piss off my new bosses, so I'm never going to say anything un-PC again. Insert pop culture reference. Also, Phil's "We Are Marshall" comment killed the internet. THE END.

-AT

ps- Good luck in LA. If you see Tyler Perry, tell him to stop...just stop.

Post a Comment