Fun While It Lasted...Christian Bale Apologizes

1:36 PM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

Well after all the outrage, laughs and posts about Christian Bale's fit of anger on the set of Terminator: Salvation, the man himself called into the famous Los Angeles radio station KROQ to set the records straight, and deliver a very classy apology and encouraging people not to judge him by this one incident alone and don't let it ruin the chance of seeing the movie when it comes out later this summer.

Bale said, "It’s been a miserable week for me. I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now...I was out of order beyond belief, I was way out of order. I acted like a punk, I regret that and there is nobody that has heard that tape that has been hit harder by it [than me]. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable and I hope that is absolutely clear.”

This is definitely what everyone wanted to hear, but Bale dove into it even further,
“One thing that has really disturbed me throughout this is I’m not familiar or comfortable with this notion of being a movie star. I’m an actor and I don’t quite know how to handle the movie star thing. The thing that disturbs me so much is that I’ve heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I’m better than anybody else. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I’m a lucky, I don't want to swear here, but I never forget that and that is why I put so much into what I do and I care so much about it . Sometimes that enthusiasm just goes awry.”

It takes a lot for the guy to take this in stride and he even admits to having some laughs from the guys at KROQ during this whole debacle. If you'd like to listen to the whole phone call, which if you can't tell is very apologetic and a genuinely embarassed guy just trying to put this all behind him, you can check it out at KROQ right here. Finally, put to rest.

Labels: ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on February 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM

genuinely sorry guy.

salute.

Post a Comment