FINALLY! 'Stretch Armstrong' Hits the Big Screen

10:34 AM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

You know, I was pretty flabbergasted when I found out there was a Candy Land movie being made. But these movies about childhood toys just keep getting better and better.

Variety reports that Universal pictures has hired Steve Oedekerk (Bruce Almighty) to pen the script to a feature length film featuring everyone's favorite flexible friend, Stretch Armstrong. You can understand the appeal here I think. I mean the guy bends, and stretches and even ties in knots.

There's gotta be a time when people are just going to give up on Hollywood. But when stuff like this keeps happening, it's really difficult to see what possible flagrancy can be committed that will turn audiences away.

All I know is that I continue to eagerly await other adaptations of toys and games. For example, could you imagine a Crossfire movie ("You'll get caught up in the - CROSSFIRE!")? It'd be kind of like Tron but with a lot more balls and leather jackets. Or for that matter, Hasbro owns NERF products! Why aren't we making an action movie with NERF weapons. Surely that's how people will fight in the future. I hope you're listening Uwe Boll. The ball is in your court.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment