'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Three One-Minute Promos

12:50 AM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

The more I see of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the less excited I become. There I said it. The first trailer that came out a couple months ago was action-packed for sure, but it felt a bit over the top. Now with these three new one-minute promos that aired during Fox's prime-time schedule, I'm not exactly impressed.

One of the more worrisome elements is that a lot of the forced humor that turned Wolverine into a walking punchline in X-Men: The Last Stand stuck around, and that's a bit disheartening. Also, I don't know if I'm the only one still skeptical, but I haven't seen Liev Schreiber (Defiance) do anything that makes me like him as Sabretooth yet. Hugh Jackman has already done a bit of damage control on those reshoots in Vancouver, but unless something amazing comes out before May, then I might need some more reassurance.

So far the only things sustaining a decent amount of interest and dare I say excitement are:

  • Hugh Jackman as Wolverine because he's just so damn good at it

  • Gambit being in the movie at all. This was a character that deserved the full fledged X-Men treatment, and it's good to see him on screen.

  • Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Despite Blade Trinity falling flat on its face, I enjoyed Reynolds character and it'll be good to see him in something other than mediocre romantic comedies again.

  • Dominic Monaghan as Beak. I just want to see how he plays in a comic book movie.

  • Any potential cameos from other X-Men.
Otherwise, some pretty spectacular footage is going to have to come out in the form of a new trailer to get me truly hyped. The three one-minute spots are embedded below. They work together a bit, so watch them in order.





Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on February 19, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Wolverine is definitely my favorite character from X-Men so I'll probably see the movie for that reason, although my excitement for this film isn't exactly high.

Post a Comment