Poster Premiere: 'H2: Halloween 2'

12:55 PM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

The teaser poster for Rob Zombie's follow-up to his 2007 franchise reboot Halloween has just hit the nets. It's a pretty basic teaser poster with a creepy, newsprint looking close-up of the signature Michael Myers mask and a title dubbing of H2. I'll admit I'm not a fan of Rob Zombie's films, but for some reason I enjoyed a decent portion of Halloween.

My one complaint about the film should be reason enough for me to hate it, but for some reason I don't. I hated the fact that the origin story of Michael Myers reduced him to a prototypical serial killer who murders because of his terrible childhood. It turns Myers into an emo kid with parental issues rather than keeping the mystery and fear of a character who has no method to his madness. What saved the film for me was it's tone and style in the slasher elements of the film. Myers has a much more threatening presence and his gritty, dirty mask adds to that scary demeanor. All I know is that the original sequel to Halloween is one of the best horror sequels ever made, and this once again has a lot to live up to.

Labels: , , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on February 11, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Creeeeepy

Post a Comment