Anyone Want to Buy a Converter Box?

11:31 PM / Posted by Wes Cummins /

Well it's official Congress has delayed the switch of U.S. television signals from February 17 to June 12. The reason for the delay being that many rural and elderly households don't have the converter boxes. That's right grandma come June you might miss Wheel of Fortune, and the farmers? The Weather Channel would go broke... or at least have to show more episodes of When Weather Changed History. Although I'm not sure that show is to factual, because I'm pretty sure Hitler didn't have a weather machine...

The biggest impact has to be with the e-bayers of the world, of which I am one. I have an entire storage space full of converter boxes and now I have to wait til June when they run out in stores to list them? Not cool Congress, not cool at all.

Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous on February 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM

They have been advertising about his switch for so long. It makes me mad that people still haven't gotten their asses in gear about it yet.

Comment by Bradford Oman on February 5, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Yeah I agree...let's just get this done any over with...there's been so much awareness spread, and now it's just annoying.

Post a Comment