Seth Rogen's 'Green Hornet' Dead Already?

9:49 PM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

Ever since the announcement of a revival of The Green Hornet in a new feature length film starring Seth Rogen and directed by Stephen Chow (who would also be playing Kato, the sidekick made famous by Bruce Lee), not much hype about the project had been heard. Then some sad news took away any anticipation certain people may have had when Stephen Chow dropped out of the director's chair. Well it looks like things aren't getting any better with this little insider info straight from whispers at the Sundance Film Festival looked into by HitFix.

Drew McWeeny (yes that's his real name) writes, "Ever since Stephen Chow started to waffle about his participation in the film, I've been hearing rumors that there were major hesitations at Sony. Then at Sundance, I heard several people say that the film was off completely. I spoke this afternoon with a source close to the film, and while they didn't call it completely dead, they did say it is 'highly unlikely' that the film will shoot in 2009 at all."

While I'm not exactly disappointed, it's a bit disheartening to hear this project might put on the backburner. I don't have any nostalgic memories attached to the Green Hornet (and I would contend that not many of today's film bloggers do), but I thought this would be an interesting collaboration of comedy and action (and an excuse for some kind of cool update of the awesome Green Hornet theme). After seeing Rogen take on the action comedy in Pineapple Express I was at least somewhat interested in how this one would turn out. Oh well, I'm sure Rogen has plenty of upcoming projects to keep him busy. You guys have anything to say on the matter?

Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous on January 25, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I'm not too disappointed with the news. I never really got into the Green Hornet so that aspect doesn't bother me. Seth Rogen has plenty of other projects to keep him busy.

Anonymous on January 26, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Not a fan of Seth Rogan...not gonna lie.

Post a Comment