'G.I. Joe' Super Bowl TV Spot is Like Socks at Christmas

4:30 PM / Posted by Bradford Oman /

Today the official Superbowl Sunday TV spot for G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra hit the nets exclusively at ComingSoon.net. Yesterday 10 seconds of this footage hit the net, and there was a bit of excitement about how it looked. Honestly, I think that this spot is an awful introduction for what seems to be the beginning of a potential franchise. It looks way too similar to Transformers in action and style (seriously that slow-motion, flipping around in the street shot is lifted straight from it), and while I'm sure they're trying to duplicate the unprecedented success of turning a toy into a movie, I'm unimpressed. The video is embedded below but if you want to see the spot in glorious Quicktime HD head on over to ComingSoon.net for the links. Does this get you guys excited at all?

Labels: , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on February 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Not the Eiffel Tower!

Post a Comment