'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Trailer Premiere

10:36 AM / Posted by Bradford Oman /


After showing exclusively in theaters this weekend attached to copies of The Day the Earth Stood Still the first trailer for the prequel to the X-Men franchise has finally hits the net.

The trailer is absolutely stunning and really gets me pumped up for a film where Wolverine isn't a walking punchline and doesn't have to contend with terrible X-Men like Storm. There are some great cinematic shots of Wolverine and especially Gambit, with some quick shots of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, and even quicker shots of the rest of the team.

My one complaint however, is that this seems a lot more explosive then X-Men, in the literal sense. There are ridiculous explosions in this trailer alone, all shot epically but also a little too crisp and pre-meditated to feel completely awesome. But the biggest worry for me came from the final shot where Wolverine jumps from his motorcycle and is hurtling towards a flying helicopter, explosion abound. For me that just screams Live Free or Die Hard.

Anyway, the trailer is great fuel for the fire, and I sincerely hope that we don't have another X-Men: The Last Stand on our hands. Check out the trailer below.

Labels: , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous on December 15, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Awesoooooommee!
I can't wait for this flick. Wolverine was always my favorite character. Badass incarnate.

Anonymous on December 15, 2008 at 11:57 PM

Looks more like "2008 Sexiest Man Alive Narrowly Avoids Explosions: The Movie."

Gambit is the only reason I'll donate $9.50 to see this "cannot possibly be worse than X3" flick.

Anonymous on December 16, 2008 at 9:27 AM

I'm not going to lie. I am not looking forward to this movie one bit.

Post a Comment